TWI Training for Supervisors
Essential Skills for All Enterprises to Transform Culture, Become Lean & Raise Productivity
TWI (Training Within Industry) – Essential Skills For Supervisors is the single most powerful enterprise transformation culture for making real change to the whole enterprise to meet the vision and mission of a successful operation regardless of what improvement initiative is being embarked upon.
TWI is the core foundation of all improvement initiatives. It is founded on the sound principle that all in the workforce must apply the improvement culture consistently in their daily work to sustain changes in quality and productivity. TWI is in fact the best of the Best Practice adopted by Toyota of Japan. It is through TWI that Toyota has been very successful in applying many improvement initiatives that require the whole workforce to sustain the continuous change. In a nutshell, TWI consists of 3 core components for developing the essential skills of the supervisors. These are: a) Job Instruction Training; b) Job Methods Training; c) Job Relations Training.
The Objective of TWI Training
1. To empower the workforce to help the enterprise to preserve knowledge capital and apply them in the production of goods and services.
2. To train supervisors to build up the strength of the workforce through effective leadership in conducting Job Instruction, Job Methods and Job Relations training.
3. To build a powerful enterprise with a strong production engine to make quality products at lower cost for the customers.
4. To build an enterprise that can implement and sustain all quality and productivity initiatives on the shopfloor without fail.
5. To provide the workforce with right job instruction so that they can do the job steps correctly with the assurance that they understand them.
6. To provide the workforce with the Job Methods approach to making change for continuous improvement.
7. To ensure that supervisors, through Job Relations training, know how to manage the resources in order to protect the interest of the enterprise as well as to conduct themselves in a manner to improve their leadership skill.
8. To develop an enterprise where there is ownership and people are treated with due respect and fairness.
How Is The Training Conducted
The delivery of training will be customized to the context of the participants’ learning needs. The fundamental lessons will be made simple to grasp and participants will be put through enriching game-like teamwork assignments that will convey the lessons learnt across all level of participants. The training will include:
– Short Lecturers
– Illustration of Principles
– Demonstrations of Examples
– Class Presentation
– Teamwork Games Like Learning
– Presentation of Team Learning
1. TWI Introduction
2. TWI In Toyota
3. The Leadership Of Supervision
4. The Essential Skills
5. The TWI Methodology
6. How To Conduct Job Instruction
7. How To Develop The Step-By-Step Instruction
8. How To Instruct The Workers
9. What Are The Important Considerations In Job Instruction
10. The Job Breakdown Sheet
11. How To Conduct Assessment Of The Lesson Learned
12. Putting The Worker On The Job
13. Job Instruction – Preparing To Instruct
14. TWI Trainer Assessment
15. What Are Job Methods
16. Job Methods – 4 Step Method
17. How To Record Job Method Activity Details
18. How To Apply The 8-Questioning Approach
19. The Work Simplification Model
20. How To Involve Others In The New Methods
21. What Are Job Relations (JR)
22. The 4 Steps Of Job Relations
23. Putting Job Relations Into Practice
24. How To Conduct The 4 Steps In Practice
25. Revisit The Key Points
26. OJT Hands On Guidance
27. Job Methods Hand-On Guidance
28. Job Relations Hand-On Guidance
29. How To Get Started
30. Course Completion
Information on Enrollment
TWI training is an essential skill for all supervisors regardless of their years of experience. Managers who supervise many supervisors under them should also take the lead to attend so that they could help to support TWI training activities in their enterprise.